ATHLETE COMP TAN INFO BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE TAN LAB®
Leaders in sunless tanning, The Tan Lab® now offers innovative Athlete Competition Tanning products.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are using our products for the first time, we recommend a trial home application or spray tan at least two weeks prior your show.
WARNING: Our products do not contain sunscreen and do not protect against sunburn. UV exposure can lead to skin cancer and premature aging. At The Tan Lab® we promote safe tanning.
CAUTION: For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes, mouth, mucous membranes. Discontinue use if any irritation occurs. Keep out of reach of children.
Our products have been developed to work in synergy with one another and in order to get the best results, we advise you use these products in accordance to the manufacturer’s directions. We cannot guarantee your final results if other Brands are used or you have mixed your own products.
- PRE-TAN TIPS
Waxing and shaving will vary between male and female contestants and can be done 24-72 hours prior to your BASE TAN application. If you are new to waxing, we suggest you wax approximately a week prior to your BASE TAN application to avoid skin irritation. Get to know your body and what works for you. You cannot shave or wax after your BASE TAN is applied.
- Do not get sunburnt before your competition – peeling skin causes patches and tan lines which are not easily disguised.
- For best results, ensure that your existing tan is removed completely before your first BASE TAN application.
ATHLETE COMP TAN INFO – PRE-TAN TIPS
- BASE TAN – PREPARATION
Ensure the body is fully exfoliated and free from body lotion, oil, fragrance and make-up. Try The Tan Lab Micro-Exfoliant
- Clear nail polish may be applied to finger and toe nails to prevent staining.
- Should you have very dry areas such as ankles, knees and elbows – a thin layer of The Tan Lab Barrier Cream may be applied prior to Base Tan application.
BASE TAN APPLICATION (HOME USE)
THIS PRODUCT CONTAINS ACTIVE TANNING INGREDIENTS
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
- Spray Base Tan directly to the APPLICATION SPONGE and work quickly and methodically and ensure the product is evenly distributed for a flawless finish.
- Allow for drying time and wear dark loose clothing.
- Avoid water and excessive sweating.
- Depending on the intensity required for your division, this product allows for multiple applications, but final BASE TAN should be left on the skin prior to the show and can be touched up.
- SHOWERING IS ACCEPTABLE BETWEEN MULTIPLE BASE TAN APPLICATIONS. WE DO HOWEVER RECOMMEND YOUR FINAL BASE TAN IS NOT SHOWERED OFF AND IS FULLY DEVELOPED BEFORE SHOW TAN APPLICATION. THIS IS APPLICABLE FOR BOTH HOME AND SPRAY TAN APPLICATIONS. IF YOUR FINAL BASE TAN IS UNSTABLE AFTER THE FULL DEVELOPMENT PERIOD, WE SUGGEST SHOWERING AND RE-APPLYING YOUR BASE TAN ON THE DAY OF YOUR SHOW.
ATHLETE COMP TAN INFO – BASE TAN APPLICATION
SPRAY TAN APPLICATION (Professional)
- Competition spray tanning may be offered at the venue and Base Tans will be applied by a PROFESSIONAL APPLICATOR the day before the show. Touch up’s, re-spray’s and Glaze will be done on the day of the Competition. Insist on ATHLETE COMPETITION TAN and never compromise!
SHOW TAN APPLICATION – PROFESSIONAL OR HOME USE (DUE TO NEW INNOVATION, THIS PRODUCT WILL NO LONGER BE REQUIRED IN OUR TANNING SYSTEM / WE WILL HOWEVER SUPPLY OUR SHOW TAN FOR PHOTO SHOOTS OR ETHNIC SKIN TONES)
This quick drying rich INSTANT COLOUR will be washed off and DOES NOT CONTAIN ACTIVE TANNING INGREDIENTS. WE DO NOT SUGGEST THIS PRODUCT BE USED WITHOUT A BASE TAN FOR A SHOW, however it is ideal for a photo shoot as it can be washed off afterwards.
Our GLAZE will seal competition tan and prevent colour from running or streaking. Muscle enhancing glaze is the finishing touch that gives a sleek look to your perfect physique.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Aerosol application. Apply ATHLETE GLAZE sparingly using even strokes approximately 30cm away from the body
Avoid contact with water or excessive sweating after application.
Our products have been developed to work in synergy with one another – we cannot guarantee results if other products are used.
ATHLETE COMP TAN INFO – GLAZE APPLICATION
ATHLETE COMP TAN INFO – QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
What is PH Balance and how does this affect my skin?
What does PH stand for? Potential Hydrogen. It is used to describe the acid-alkaline ratio of a substance, which ranges from 0 (the most acidic) to 14 (the most alkaline). The health of your body—and skin—is directly linked to maintaining the right balance between acidity and alkalinity. How so? The skin’s barrier, which is known as the acid mantle, is responsible for keeping in lipids and moisture while blocking germs, pollution, toxins, and bacteria. To work its best, the acid mantle should be slightly acidic, at a 5.5 pH balance. When your skin is too alkaline, it can become dry and sensitive. Over exfoliation can damage your skins barrier and in turn affect your skins PH level.
Maintaining a healthy PH balance within your body is also extremely important – in some cases, an over acidic body may lead to your tan turning green.
How dark can I go?
Athlete Competition Tan is an innovative product created especially for bodybuilding. You can go as dark as you need to with multiple BASE TAN applications.
Do I need to use the GLAZE?
Yes! Not only will our GLAZE enhance muscle definition, it will lock in and seal your colour to prevent your tan from streaking.
Will I Go Orange?
Ensure BASE TAN is used in accordance to the manufacturer’s directions, allowing full development between applications.
What should I do if I spill water or need a touch up?
This does happen, and often you need a quick fix! You can use a little BASE TAN and ‘blend’ the patch to even it out. Apply a little GLAZE to the affected area by lightly patting and polishing the skin with your APPLICATION SPONGE.
ATHLETE COMP TAN INFO – TOUCH UP INFORMATION
What should I wear after my tan?
Wear loose dark clothing to avoid any unnecessary rubbing off.
Why should I avoid wearing RED after by Base or Show Tan?
Do not wear red as it is the dye in cotton has been known to turn a tan green!